Sunday, March 8, 2009

I think I was sleep blogging...and..I need some help.....

Wow, that last post.....how could that be called random? It was intended to be random. I guess I had pretty much one thing on my mind.

After that post I got to work on my other blog. I opened up an etsy site back in Dec. but I haven't really been able to devote too much time to the listings. Plus it just doesn't have the personality I wish it did. After awhile I decided to just set up a blog to say more with my descriptions. I've been pretty lazy with that too, but today I saw something that made me check on paypal to see if I could set up a shopping cart on my blog. It was really easy and I gave myself a blog makeover and turned it into a store. So I have 2 stores now. Lots of people have bought things before on Etsy, but I know a lot of people who are turned off by the prospect of having to sign up for another new username and password (even if it's just the thought of it and it's not really required). In the age of eBay who doesn't have a paypal account?

So I've spent way too much time on that blog today. I'm happy that it seems to be coming together, but I could use some help. Please visit over there and leave me some feedback. If you don't want to leave it in the comments, feel free to e-mail me at the address listed on the top of the page.

Some specific things I'm wondering about are:
Do you think the pictures adequately show the item listed?
Do I need to take better pictures?
Are my descriptions too long, or am I leaving out important details?
Is my shopping cart easy to understand? (you can put things in without buying)
Is there anything else you'd like to see or not see?
Since you have the choice, which place would you more likely order from, blog or Etsy store?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out. I'm not trying to get you to order anything, I'm just looking for the feedback. Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dana (:
    I think your In-N-Out story is way more blog worthy than mine, too funny! I am going to head to your etsy site right now....
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1). When taking pictures you could use a black sheet and drape it over a chair, or drape it over something tall but flat (like a box or coffee table). Taking pictures outside in natural light is the best.

    2). I would be more likely to purchase through Etsy than a blog.

    Wonderful items!!!

    ReplyDelete