Monday, April 7, 2008

I feel Horrible!

Ok, I finally took Hunter to the dentist today. I feel like the worst mother in the world. He has a bunch of cavities, and needs the equivalent of a baby root canal. He said on the way to school that his mouth hurt, and I checked out his mouth when we got there and one of his back teeth has a brown spot, and almost looks like it broke. I feel absolutely horrible. I know it's all my fault, I'm the one who does the grocery shopping (no more sweets), and he always has juice (even though it's diluted alot). Combine that with how hard it is to remember to have him brush his teeth (let alone me remembering my own) and the fact that he grazes all afternoon. Just a combination for disaster. It's going to cost a pretty penny to get it all fixed. They are going to put him under to do it, so at least he won't have to suffer too much. I think it would be worse for him to be awake and drugged. I know one thing for sure, Rylie is not having juice at all for a good long while. I'm just getting her off a bottle, and the only thing she's getting is milk and water. And I'm going force myself to remember to brush their teeth, even if I have to do it while they sleep.

It's been a long day, I had to leave work to take him to the dentist, and then go back to finish. Seth had the day off and he went too. Hiunter did really well for his exam though, had to have 3 xrays cause it's hard to get the little biter thing in there. He always does really good at the dr office, so I wasn't too surpised. I'm glad Seth was there though too, he was able to keep him distracted while we waited for the dr.


No comments:

Post a Comment