Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I was feeling guilty....

The key word there is was.

Now, let me tell you why. I've had all these things running through my head the last couple of days.

Yesterday I started making my mental list of things I wanted to get done this week.

Today's chore was to get out the suitcases and actually start laying out things to pack. Yes, I know, we don't leave for another week. I was simply thinking that there are things we'll be taking with us that we won't be using before then.

What happened to my plan? you ask.

Well, here's what happened, get ready, it's a big one........



I came home from work.


There it is. It's the same thing that happens every time I have a big vision of actually getting something done. I know, it sounds like a really bad excuse, right?

Ok, I'll elaborate if I must.

Seth got of work earlier than me today so he decided to pick up the kids from daycare and let me find a ride home. That was the easy part for me. He called me when I was almost done with the route to tell me that Rylie had been asleep, but was in a good mood. They were both fine at that point, no big deal.

Something happened to the angel children between the 1:45 phone call, and the 2:30 arrival at home. When I walked in the door, Rylie was whining. Hunter looked like he was being good, watching tv. I swear the minute we are all at home is when the whining starts. It's a sort of "I'm hungrythirstytiredandgrouchy" sort of whine. The kind that no matter what you try, the only thing that stops it is the inevitable - pick up. Once you pick up the whiny child, everything is hunky dory. Except for the fact that I had plans, big ones.

I had chicken in the crockpot for dinner, and I was going to fold Mt. Saint laundry, and put it all away. I was going to go in and clean Hunter's room so the toys would be put away for a few hours (ok, who am I kidding, a few minutes). I was going to start packing little things in my laptop bag so I wouldn't have to do it later.

I think there may have been a few other things on my list. I have abandoned all hope of getting any of it done. It will have to wait.

"Where are the little darlings now?", you ask.

Let me tell you. They are both asleep. Yep, it's 6:38 pm, and I have been on my laptop since around 5:00 ish. Dinner was ready super early this afternoon, around 4:30. Neither kid ate anything (not for lack of it being put in front of them). Rylie threw most of hers on the floor and whined, so I took her in and rocked her to sleep. Hunter was watching his beloved Spiderman, and just couldn't resist the forces of sleepyness that invaded his eyes. I got Rylie down, and I think Hunter was asleep not 15 mins after that. Thank goodness for the anywhere chair.




This brings me back to my title. I was feeling guilty for not doing anything while the kids were both sleeping, but I don't anymore. It will all get done...later.

No comments:

Post a Comment