Monday, August 25, 2008

Top 5 Tuesday

It's that time again! And this week's Top 5 comes from my East Coast friend, Rachael over at Mommy Learns to Blog, everyone make sure to thank her. She very graciously decided to help out this friend in need...my brain is on the least level of function that is possible. In addition to that I've been a procrastinator for a week or so. My reader is backed up right now, I actually haven't even looked to see how bad it is, since I got home today. Today just in the 6 hours or so I was at work there were around 26 posts! Can you see how bad this habit is that I've gotten started? There are simply not enough hours in the day to keep up on the blogs I like, work, take care of my kids, cook, clean, visit with friends and neighbors...is your head spinning yet? Mine sure is.

This weeks Top 5......

What are your Top 5 Hobbies/Things you like to do when you're not blogging?

I think mine fall in no particular order. (See, I can't even make a concrete decision, let's hope no one has a life or death emergency that depends on my nonexistant decision-making skills).
  1. Read a good book. It's not very often I get to do this though.
  2. Watch movies...at home on my couch. I'm not a huge fan of spending a fortune just to say I've seen the newest movie out there.
  3. Scrapbooking. Another thing that I rarely get to do. I have too many little hands that want to "help" me, and until I decide to invest in a little scrapbook kit for them (that you know they'll never use, cause it's just not as good as mommy's), it's going to have to be a rarity. That's why I love my blog, because I can still preserve my memories, and hopefully when I go back to do my scrapbooks I will be able to use some of this nonsense to remind me of things.
  4. Bake/cook. I've always enjoyed cooking, my mother taught me well. I hope one day I can enjoy spending time cooking with my kids (Hunter "helped" me bake cookies yesterday, and it was bordering awfully close to fun).
  5. Paint/ crafts- I don't know exactly what you'd call it, I like to sew, paint things, decoupage, just get creative in general. Yet another "thing" I don't get to enjoy much. I guess I just don't have the patience for cleaning up messes that my kids make while I'm trying to work on something. I also hate to start something that I can't finish (all at once), it's just one of my many quirks.
  6. I had to put one thing that I actually get to do often, which is watching my kids sleep. No explination needed.

So now it's your turn. Let us in on the things that make your life worth living (besides blogging of course). And as always, if you don't have a blog, feel free to leave your 5 things in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I think your 5 really coincide with the same exact 5 I would have. I love to do crafty things, but tend to wait until the kiddo is in bed, and then I'm too tired.

    One day, be brave and head outside and just get messy. It is tons of fun.

    Izzy did body painting (instead of finger painting). She had such a good time and it washed right off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic! I'll have to thank Rachael for suggesting it! Just posted my answers, some of which are quite similar to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, mine would be similar to yours. Is it an Iowa thing? :)

    ReplyDelete